The Key Benefits of Outsourcing Your IT Needs as a Small Business
If you own a small business, you’re probably familiar with the term ‘chief cook and bottle-washer.’ For roughly 200 years, that distinctly American phrase has captured the essence of the small business owner, who is responsible for every facet of operations, from the most sweeping executive decisions to literally sweeping out of dingey storage rooms. You’re the last employee to earn a perk and the first to take a haircut. Yours is the desk where all bucks come to a screeching halt. And, given the investment you’ve made in your computer network, you probably want to roll up your sleeves and go to work there, too.
However, every entrepreneur has limitations related to time, subject matter expertise, and aptitude. If you are not adept at managing computer software and infrastructure, your IT involvement will not advance your business goals and will almost certainly distract you from areas where you’re needed. Sometimes, the ‘most genius move’ a business owner can make is to simply hire good people and then get out of their way. In this article, we list some of the key benefits to outsourcing your IT to a reliable Managed IT Services Provider, or MSP, so you can consider whether that arrangement is the best option for you.
Here’s what you can expect from a top-notch MSP:
- Cost savings — Assuming for the moment you can’t take on all your company’s IT tasks, what would be cheaper: to hire a full-time IT expert or contract with a service? For most companies, a service provides ‘round-the-clock service for the cost of a part-time worker.
- Improved efficiency — MSPs draw on vast experience to craft and execute IT plans for maximum efficiency. You get more out of your network, and your employees become much more productive.
- Expertise on call — MSPs are staffed by knowledgeable pros who work in the trenches every day. They’re constantly adding to their knowledge base to keep you ahead of any challenges that might arise.
- Freedom to focus — What would you think about if you didn’t have to think about IT? You’d probably focus on customer service and business development, so you can grow your company.
- Greater flexibility — MSPs offer a range of services and tailor packages to your needs. You don’t pay for more than you can use but can easily upgrade or scale back as circumstances warrant.
- Increased productivity — As we’ve already noted, a professionally monitored network operates at a higher level, supporting your workers so they can excel at their tasks.
- Reduced risk — A security breach can be a nightmare for your small business. MSPs understand the risks and know that failure is not an option. They constantly anticipate new threats and take proactive steps to keep your network safe.
- Scalability — Every small business owner dreams of being a big business owner. But investing in infrastructure too early can take away resources you need to implement your development plan. MSPs allow your network to grow easily without upfront costs.
- Better customer service — When your network is operating at peak efficiency, your people can better respond to customer concerns. You can expect quicker responses, quicker processing of orders, and greater oversight of your work processes. Most businesses even see improved cash flow as receivables become easier to monitor.
- Worry-free compliance — Because of the severe consequences of a data breach, various governments have developed regulatory schemes for companies doing business over the Internet. MSPs have detailed knowledge of the requirements and take decisive steps to keep you in compliance.
Every small business has its own unique set of circumstances, so there is no one-size-fits-all solution to IT challenges. However, most companies receive a wide range of benefits from outsourcing their IT needs to a reliable MSP, such as KMF Technologies. To find out how KMF Tech can help you solve your IT issues, give us a call today.