Modern technology is one of the greatest advances in human history. It allows us to stay in contact with friends and family while allowing virtually anyone to start a business. There’s only one problem with modern technology: most businesses don’t know how to use it to its full potential. When starting a small business, the tech aspect of it can be confusing and overwhelming. The best solution is to hire an expert who will spend time designing and building your system network to simplify your life, while helping to increase productivity. Here are five tips to help your small business fast track its way to technological success:
5 Tips for Success
1) Don’t be afraid. Technology is often daunting, especially with new updates and products dropping daily – it can be hard to keep up. A lot of business owners will stay away from going digital because “it’s too hard” or “it’s working now, why change it”. Technology is a catalyst to success. Among other things, it can increase communications speed with your clients; help guard critical – and private – information regarding your business and your customers’ safety; and strengthen your credibility by providing a secure business platform.
2) Utilize emails, emails, emails. There are 3.7 billion active emails around the world, providing one of the largest opportunity pools to garner new customers. Using the power of email could help to exponentially expand your business. But how do you keep you and your clients’ emails safe? In short, filtering. Running every email through a filter before it even hits your customers’ inboxes will help keep both malware and cyber criminals out of sight and out of mind. Experienced IT consultants are skilled in offering quality email filtering solutions specifically for your needs.
3) Let the cloud be your best friend. Not only will moving your information to the cloud allow you to access it anytime, anywhere but it will also help you save money. With many employees continuing to work remotely, having the right hardware and systems in place so they can access the files and documents being stored in the cloud is a key component to continued growth.
4) Embrace handheld technology. Gone are the days when physical presence at the office was the only way to get any work done. In fact, the phone in your pocket is just as capable as the computer on your desk or the laptop on your kitchen table. With the recent quarantine requiring most businesses to temporarily close their doors, resulting in employees working from home, an influx of mobile work has surfaced. Having all of your devices connected will allow you to access your information from any device on your network.
5) Don’t skimp on security. If you ask any business owner, they know that network security is important – but it usually doesn’t go past an obscure Wi-Fi password. Having your network covered from all angles will not only allow for you to conduct business with ease, but also without worrying that you might be attacked by a cyber criminal. Having good endpoint security coupled with good internal security will keep your information private and secure.
Here at KMF Technologies, we have worked with small and medium sized businesses for over 15 years. so we have seen it all. We keep your network in check so you can conduct your business without any worry of outside threat. Contact us today so we can help your business.